MEET THE COMPANY - FUNDAMENTAL FUNDAMENTAL is a Berlin company...
MEET THE COMPANY - FUNDAMENTAL
FUNDAMENTAL is a Berlin company founded in 2011 by Gunnar Rönsch & Steve Molloy. They previously worked together as architects and have been inspired by the mathematics of the natural world. They created a range of furniture, artwork and accessories that explore the simple patterns from nature, bringing them into the home in an abstract form.
1. One word to describe Berlin?
2. Day or Night?
3. Music or silence to design?
4. Abstract or Realistic?
The first represents the second.
5. Black & white or colourful?
6. Handcraft or digital?
7. Best place to be creative?
8. Your own favourite design?
Rhombus Ceiling Tiles.
9. Your most tricky one?
It’s also the trickiest, because it’s the hardest to explain.
10. An artist we should follow?
Sol Calero: the materials she uses to suggest a certain place and time that both existed and is a fantasy, that is familiar and exotic in equal measure is a big inspiration for us.
11. Biggest influence in your craft?
Arts and Crafts movement / Deutscher Werkbund, early 20th Cent.
12. What gave you the willingness to set up this concept of Cafe and Furniture Store?
We wanted to have life and activity next to our products.
13. You’re celebrating your 6th anniversary, do you have important schemes on the way for 2018?
We try to launch a new product every month, except in the last quarter of the year, when we are focused on Christmas, so watch this space.
14. A last word to describe your work and your team?